Friday, May 7, 2010


Happy Mother's Day from Hampton Paper Designs!


Mother's Day reminds me of many great "moms" including my own, my 2 grandmothers and of course, my great-grand mother Marie Bendel whom we affectionally called "Mimi".
Mimi lived in Monroe, Louisiana and had a huge Magnolia tree in her back yard. When we would visit, my sister, Meri, and I would look forward to going with her to pick Magnolia flowers. With a few beautiful blossoms in hand we would go inside to a room she had filled with vases (know as the vase room!) and carefully select one. I remember we spent so much time deliberating on which vase to choose!


This is a favorite memory of mine. I bet you can probably see where this is going.... Mimi was the inspiration for the Magnolia image.
Lucy's intpretation is breathtaking, the colors spectacular and I smile everytime I see it.
My gift to the mom's this Mother's day is to share best advice I ever received from my mom. "Don't wait for it to go on sale, they won't have your size." Doesn't that just say it all?

Enjoy your special day and stay tuned.... I will share the best advice from my dad on Father's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment