Monday, April 26, 2010

Can Glitter Be Stressful?



Can Glitter Be Stressful?


You bet it can! For me, it was the search for the perfect colors for the Hampton Paper 2011 Calendar we create exclusively for The Elegant Setting in Southampton. I seek perfection (hence the name of my autobiography Perfectville) so it took many hours (yes hours) to choose just the right shades for the calendar. This calendar features many images that were custom painted specifically for it so you can understand why it was absolutely crucial that the glitter be the perfect (yes, the P- word again) compliment to such carefully selected images.




Okay, so maybe everyone cant relate to glitter stress but I would venture to guess that all of you have something you stress over. I have found that running a business brings unique challenges on a daily basis and some of those feel insurmountable until I conquer them and think "that wasn't so bad". The end product is always better, and usually more wonderful than my original concept. When I look back I wonder why a particular situation was so stressful in the first place. I need something to remind me of that and keep things in perspective the next time I am agonizing over glitter, card stock, colors, layout... I could go on and on but I'll stop here. I am ecstatic to announce that after many late nights and numerous revisions the calendar is finally (you guessed it) perfect!

1 comment: