Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I admit, I am traditional. I purchased an ipad to read books but I still love going to the bookstore to buy a book and enjoy reading it the old fashion way - holding it in my hand, turning the pages and putting my bookmark in when I am ready to stop. Given that, you can imagine how much I love a beautiful bookmark. I was thrilled to see this latest order of bookmarks. So fabulous!
So many good ideas out there - so happy to have read in a magazine a great idea about what to do with all those beautiful baby clothes! The magazine suggested to take some outfits and have a small baby blanket made. I took it to another level and had a queen size quilt made for my guest bedroom. I saved the clothes from 0-18 months and then found a wonderful quilt shop in Anderson, SC to make this gorgeous piece of artwork. Now, I can easily recollect the wonderful memories tied with those darling outfits my boys wore when they were babies.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Posted by Kristin Mika at 4:38 PM
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Sometimes it just takes a bit of color to make things POP! That's what I recently found when I added these gorgeous colored mattes to the Hampton Paper prints. I image a few grouped together would be sheer heaven.
Matted Images $20.00. Limited Quantities. Contact Hampton Paper or get first dibs at the Jr. League Show this weekend when they make their debut.
Posted by Kristin Mika at 1:17 PM
We at Hampton Paper have been thinking about it all year long as we worked long hours to select the perfect images to include on the new 2011 desk calendar. We hope you like what we choose. Its sure to make your year sparkle!
Hampton Paper 2011 Desk Calendar comes with an easel and is packaged a beautiful white Hampton Paper box with a grosgrain ribbon. $66.00. Refills are available for $32.00
Posted by Kristin Mika at 12:09 PM
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Ohhh for me the list is long, very long. I had a favorite each season every year. Of course I grew up in upstate NY and while it is undeniably beautiful it's also COLD, frigid actually. I was layer tees before layers tees was even cool... I told you I have always been a trendsetter! In order to carry my favorite short sleeve favorites into winter, I wore my favorite long sleeve shirt underneath to ward off the cold.
I am certain that ones my boys will remember as favorites will be the Hampton Paper tees. I am forever having to throw in a load of laundry because they absolutely MUST wear them tomorrow and a panicked search reveals that they are in the hamper. Fortunately - they have held up well wash after wash (after wash!). It's fun to look through the pictures of the boys over the last few years and see the shirts pop up on so many photos. Sometimes worn by my older son and then passed down to be the favorite of my younger son!
What was your favorite T-Shirt growning up?
Posted by Kristin Mika at 1:36 PM
Monday, November 8, 2010
Have found numerous baby announcements or shower invitations (all HPD I am sure!) in the mail thanks to the recent baby boom? I think we can thank the 2 major blizzards earlier this year. Are struggling to think of the perfect gift? Well, Hampton Paper help! We have a variety of gifts for baby that are sure to impress and you can get all your shopping done with ease. Take a peek at our personalized burb cloths and baby blankets.
Personalized Burp Cloths 16.00
Personalized Baby Blankets 32.00
Please visit our website for all the options http://www.hamptonpaperdesigns.com/
What are you asking Santa for this year? Regardless of what is on your list (something that sparkles and is on page 86 of the NM Catalog) experience the fun of the season by helping your kids write their letter to Santa and address it to the North Pole this year with Hampton Paper "Dear Santa Cards". Avail for $3.00 each. It makes a great keepsake for years to come!
Friday, November 5, 2010
I hope you enjoyed working on the October Challenges with your kids and compiling the info in their journals. I must admit I had to look up a lot of info on the web!
November journal challenges for Kids are finally here. Enjoy!
1. Why do we celebrate Veteran's Day? When is it?
2. How many words can you spell using the letters in THANKSGIVING
3. List 5 parts of the body above the neck that have 3 letters (only 3!)
4. How many animals can you name that begin with a vowel?
5. What was the first space shuttle launched? When did it happen?
6. Add the digits in your phone number.
7. Games manufactured Milton Bradley was born on Nov 8, 1836. How many Milton Bradley games can you name?
8. Practice saying the months of the year. Put them in ABC Order.
9. Claude Monet, the famous artist was born on Nov 14th. What is his style of painting? How is it different from Picasso?
10. The flying squirrels are preparing for winter by storing away food in trees. Can they really fly?
11. What is the heaviest fruit in your house? The lightest? Which weigh about the same?
12. If you bought something for a dime each day during the month of November, how much money would you spend? How about a quarter?
13. What are the different time zones in the US? Where are they?
14. Samuel Clemens' birthday is Nov 30th. By which name do we better know him?
15. The Suez canal opened on Nov 17th. Where is it? What does the canal do?
16. November is the month when the grass, cornstalks and some leaves turn golden. List as many things as you can that are gold. Name books or song with an Autumn color in the title.
17. Birds migrate during November. What are some other things that move or change locations?
18. The answer is "It's hot" What is the question?
19. When was Daniel Boone born? Why is he remembered as a Famous American?
20. What did Zebulon Pike see on Nov 15, 1806?
21. How would it feel to be an Indian or Pilgrim at the First Thanksgiving Feast?
22. Children's author Madeline L'englewas born on Nov 29,1918. What is her most famous book?
23. Practice skip counting by 2's, 3's, 5's and 10's
24. Write a letter to someone telling them why you are thankful
25. The first formal intercollegiate football gaem was played on Nov 6th. Who were the teams that played in thsi game?
26. Who is Ruth Nicols? What did she do?
27. How was popcorn invented?
28. Make up your own invention for something. How does it work? What will it be able to do?
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
As promised the final outcome of the costumes in 2010- The Tin Man and Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz. An unprecedented amount of candy came home with my Trick or Treators!
Next year we are going to characters from one of my all time favorite movies, The Sound of Music! Cant wait to work on the costumes!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Find out what your family and friends are thankful for by including Hampton Paper Thankful cards on your table. Their answers may just surprise you!
A distinguished guest of ours last year was thankful for his 6 speed transmission- which is not a surprise given his longtime love of BMWs but... it was #1!
Thankful cards with 2 new options this year are 8 for $6.00. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
Posted by Kristin Mika at 6:49 AM