Wednesday, July 25, 2012

On My Bookshelf

I am not sure where I will find the time to read given all the new order pouring in (thank you, thank you, thank you!!) but when I can find a few spare minutes, here is what is on my "to read next" list.

I already started Q by Evan Mandery and love it. It was recommend by the same person who recommended We Need to Talk About Kevin. The premise is that the main character is visited by his "older self" and is told not to marry his fiance. The writing is fabulous!

I absolutely loved the twists and turns in The Wrong Mother by Sophie Hannah and just received an email from a friend (JB) not to miss reading The Other Woman's House so I picked it up at Target last night.

One Breath Away seems to be a book I kept noticing every time I was at the bookstore. I may have to wait a few months to read this given the subject matter and the recent events in CO.

The Darlings is the first book by Cristina Alger and is getting rave reviews. I haven't met Cristina's but her mom took me on a private tour of the Jackie Kennedy exhibit in NY a few years ago. This looks like a book that will be read in one sitting!

The Red Book by Deborah Kogan - another highly recommended book. "The Red Book" is a class report published every 5 years for Harvard grads. University of VT has no such book .... LOL.

I would by lying if I didn't say I plan to move Where We Belong by Emily Griffin to the top of my list. I have been waiting for months for this book to be released. Emily Griffin is one of my top 10 fav authors.

Please share what you are reading this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment