Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Before & After: Turning a House into a Home















I love a good "before & after" whether the trasformation involves hairstyles, clothes, makeup or houses & yards I am a sucker for a great reveal! As many of you know I recently moved and I am about the embark on a major redecorating project in our new home. I thought it would be fun to share my progress and feature my very own "before & after" for HPD Fans. I could not do this without the help of my dear friend and interior designer, Kathi Haley from KSH Interiors. She will be keeping me on track and you can be sure you 'll benefit from her talent and pick up some great insider tips and tricks of the trade!


First things first - our family room is the most used room in the house so it seems like a great starting place! Kathi suggested we find a rug first and let it act as the inspiration for the rest of the room. Two weeks ago we were wlecomed by Matt to Coe & Sons Carpet (in Bethesda for the locals). Matt showed me some of the rugs that Kathi had preselected and we narrowed it down to 5 that he would bring to my house so we could see with the wood floors, space and lighting.

I'd been debating between two but in the end, I went with the one that kept drawing my eye. I should have listend to Jackson because it was his favorite from the get-go!

This Saturday we are headed back to Coe & Sons to see some fabric samples that Kathi found for the chairs and sofas to see how they look with the carpet. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment