Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Give and Give Thanks


To some of us, including myself, Hurricane Sandy seems like a lifetime ago. Once one of my good friends (JB) finally got power back, I had my handy man repair the leak in my roof and my dinning room ceiling, I  had heard the updates from my dad and his friends that had houses on the coast line I can admit I moved on. Until late last week.

I have a client that lives in New Jersey. Like many of my clients I haven't ever met her but we have become friends via email.   We have been corresponding as I was helping her with a new order and when I hadnt hear back recently, I thought I would send a note to follow up.  Now this client does have small children and I know there is never enough hours in the day to get everything done so I know sometimes when I don't hear back right away she is busy being a mom.

Well, was I ever shocked when I did hear back mid week that she had just gotten power back  two days prior. I was in disbelief. Two weeks, no power, no school. (yikes) Again, per my note above I had sort of moved on because I had the luxury to do so. What I realized it that so many people including my client haven't had the opportunity and that the opportunity to do so may be many days down the road. So, while you look to celebrate Thanksgiving with your family and friends remember to give thanks and think about what you may be able to give to those in need. I know I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment