Friday, December 21, 2012

28,000 Things

On the top of my bucket list is to write a book. My only issue outside of time to write would be my ever so evident lack of writing skills.... but since I am not one to let small details hold me back, I will add "find an editor" to my list. I think 2013 might just be the year I get something down on paper. Maybe something HPD related might work for my debut.

 I actually started writing a funny book in college ( a million years ago) which I recently found in a big closet clean out. It was title  28,000 Things that Could Ruin Your Day. I guess a funny twist on 14,000 Things to be Happy About which my roommate kept on her bedside table. The book was a lot of fun to write as so many ideas popped in my head all day long. The list including things that would concern a 20 something college student:
  • When is says he'll call and doesn't
  • Reading the same line over and over
  • Beer lines
  • Bounced Checks
  • Snow in your shoe
  • Icy Sidewalks
  • When you sneeze after you put on your mascara
  • When you realize you forgot to wash something after you have started your laundry
  • Not being able to get a song out of your head
  • Dorm bathrooms on Sunday night

If I were to write a similar book today, I am sure it would be titled, 28,000 Things I do and Don't Get Paid for but Should

  • Going to Target
  • Doing Laundry
  • Picking up dirty white socks ( I only have 2 kids, how could there be so many around my house?)
  • Paying Bills
  • Filling Out Forms
  • Looking for a missing toy, library book, paperwork, pen, scissors
  • Unloading groceries
  • Waiting in doctor's offices
Aren't you going to be thinking about items to add to this list all day long!!!

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment