Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Champagne Brunch

Doesn't a Champagne Brunch sound like a great idea for the first weekend in March? It's been rainy and cold here in the Washington, DC area and I cant think of any better way to start my weekend than with my Gourmet Club friends and brunch!
 
I have mentioned before I have a close group of friends in my Gourmet Club and we meet monthly to eat, drink and socialize. We rotate houses and themes and include a few guest in addition to the core 6. We have been doing it for years and its so much fun. Last month, we had a Superbowl theme and you had to bring a dish that was from SF or Baltimore. A++ for everyone's creativity!
 
This month its back at my house and in an effort to mix it up a bit, I thought a brunch might be just the perfect suggestion! I know my husband is looking forward to make a huge omelet bar for all the guests. As for me, my favorite coffee cake recipe from Cotton Country Cookbook.
 
I have a busy few days ahead..setting the tables, flowers and of course setting up a little candy bar for all the kids. We are expecting 17 people. Here's to hoping that March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment