Monday, November 21, 2011

Career Day

I had the opportunity to speak to the kids in Jackson Jr. K class last week during career day about Hampton Paper Designs. I focused on the idea that everyone can start their own business and they should start by thinking of something they love to do and are passionate about and see how they can turn it into a business. My love for stationery and stickers dates back to the early 70s- I love that I turned my passion for paper into a business! I hope I provided inspiration to Jackson and his friends! (side note I know these pictures of me are awful - would you believe they were the best of the batch?)

Showing that the images can be turned into great items such as wrapping paper.

I showed the kids the original image (the boat water color is on my lap) and then how I turned it into personalized correspondence cards.


Original water color - the elephant. No only one of our first images, by far the best seller year after year. Jackson peeks at what's next!


You have to "drink your own champagne" as they say in the business! Jackson models the whale hat and t-shirt - his favorite image! Shirt and Hat avail on Etsy.







No comments:

Post a Comment