Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kristin in the Kitchen = Nightmare

I have been dreading making cookies for my neighborhood cookie exchange all week. I am a terrible baker and find it so stressful. Like anything I do I seem to find a way to make things more complicated instead of simplifying by needing it to be perfect. I had it in my head that I wanted to make Whoopie Pies since I saw a great book and pan in the Crate and Barrel catalog. If you are in the northern Va area, perhaps you know how dreadful it is to try to get into the Crate and Barrel in Tyson's Corner. Yes, dreadful. But I took a risk and made it 2 boys in toe the other night. Unfortunately the book was sold out but I did manage to get the pan and a few boxes of Velvet cake mix. The result? I think pretty good for an amateur like myself. It was very easy and I think they look pretty good! If I had more time I would have added crushed candy canes around the edges. I would def recommend this and would do again and try different cakes and fillings.

Velvet Cake Whoopie Pies


Mix and Sprinkles



Ok so after an exhaustive search for the hand mixer I had to trek to Target to get one. My 2nd trip to Target for the day. I know you are thinking w. Greg being a great cook, why dont we have the big Cuisinart mixer. We do - but jeeze who can figure that thing out? Plus it lives in the pantry and weighs a ton.



Wow, they were perfectly shaped and popped right out of the pan.



Looking pretty uniform.



Jackson picked out this sugar cookie pan and we made those as well. They were so yummy and a lot easier than trying to roll our sugar cookie batter. I got this plus the cookie exchange cookbook for the gift exchange. Hope the recipient likes it!


















No comments:

Post a Comment