Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Call Me.. Maybe?

We purchased a Sonos sound system for our house over the summer. My 9 year old son has gotten the most use out of it as he is the most adept at using the ipad to play the music. As a result we are subject to listen to "Thomas' Play List" 24 by 7 which consists of about 8-10 songs. By far the one he plays most is "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.  Thomas puts it on every room + outside and turns the volume all the way up with careless abandon. Just the way it should be when you are young and you cant get enough of your favorite song.

Thomas asked me what was the "Call Me Maybe" of the 70s & 80s. Great question. I was stumped for the 70s. For the 80s, I said, "Jenny, 867-5309, by Tommy Tutone". I asked my husband - he said
"Celebration by Cool and the Gang."  What do you think was the "Call Me Maybe" of the 70s and 80s?

No comments:

Post a Comment