Thursday, August 4, 2011

Poolside Cafe

Big day on the pool today! Tile work goes in and then it's just installing the patio, plaster and the fence! We are down to the final 2 weeks. Yep, just in time for the end of the summer. Now that the pool is almost ready I began to think of what we might serve at our poolside cafe. Then I got to thinking about a menu. So, you can probably guess where this is going ... Hampton Paper menu cards! Wait till you see how great they look. I think I will need one with cocktails for happy hour too. This is going to be great!

We nurtured the cement for 7 days like good new parents watering it several times a day due to the excessive heat. You can start to see the shape of the pool and the benches and hot tub.


The steel grid was put in prior to the cement. This looked like such a complicated process and unfortunately for the construction workers was installed in 100 degree heat. We brought out coolers of cold drink for the workmen.




After the initial hole was dug, rocks were added.


Just a few weeks ago work began. I am glad I have this photo of why my grass use to look like!










No comments:

Post a Comment