Friday, May 18, 2012

Meet the Class of 2025

It was a bittersweet day a few weeks ago when I had to take my younger son, Jackson, to the local elementary school for Kindergarten orientation. I cant believe my baby is going to be going to school next year. They grow up so fast, I wish I could just stop time. The excitement on Jackson's face was priceless, as you may know for earlier blogs, "Kindergarten is his dream"! They gave the kids a tour of the school, showing them the gym, art and music room and kindergarten pod and of course ended with a bus ride.

The parents were lectured on on how to prepare our youngsters for this next phase. A friend of mine was sitting next to me and pointed to one of the documents that said "CLASS OF 2025" and it just struck me as so funny. I hadn't thought about it that way, so engrossed in this moment and not thinking about it will eventually lead to him graduating in the year 2025!!! Seems so far off but I know it will be here before I know it.

While the Principal and teachers continued speaking my mind when crazy planning... you guessed it another back to school party. You may recall we did a big back to school celebration last year for Thomas so I had to think of something different and then it came to me...."Meet the Class of 2025" is the perfect theme!!! I will plan to use our grad cap and scroll and think a ice cream social in September will be a great way to mark this huge milestone. Ohhh I cant wait to get my hands on all those school supplies in Aug!
Jackson on the far right and 2 of his friends. If you know me from when I was in elementary school in Queensbury, NY you may get a kick out of Jackson's RL shirt that says "Lake George" on it!
I see T-Shirts with this image  that Say "Class of 2025" on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment