Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Best Back to School Party Ever"- Revealed!

Our Back to School Party was a huge success. I heard from one little girl as she was leaving say "Best Party Ever!". Mission Accomplished!

The Bell Has Run, Don't Be Late, School Has Started, Let's Celebrate! Fine invitations always set the stage for a great party your friends won't want to miss. We used Hampton Paper correspondence cards printed vertically for the invitations and you can too!

I set up a supplies table for the kids so they could get all the staples they need for school!



I used the school bus, pen & pencils and pencils images pulling in these colors for the theme.



I found these baskets at Michael's and they were great to showcase and display the items.



Colored Pencils and and Colored Markers anchored each side of the table. The labels are HPD large and I added a yellow ribbon.



I was thrilled to find these composition notebooks in yellow/gold. They matched perfectly. I used a large sticker to cover the wording. My boys have been using them to write stories about what happens at school each day. (very insightful!)



Nothing says Back to School more than a #2 pencil...



and a pink pearl eraser! I purchased these jars at Michael's' and created the label with HPD large square solid stickers.



I know ipads and e-readers are all the rage but I for one still love holding a book and I think most kids do too! I hope these bookmarks encourage them to read a bit more. They had 3 options to choose from, Bus, Pen & Pencil or Pencils.



I wrapped a bunch of books with brown paper from Michael's. It was a nice way to give both tables height and worked easily into my theme. I was able to draw on my many years of experience wrapping my text books with brown paper bags - I recall it was the only option in the 80s.



Love the gold tassels on this one!






These large gable boxes were the perfect size to hold the kid's supplies.



The Host, Thomas.



Thomas with his supply box.



Lily loads her supplies....



I had to include this photo since Lily is sporting from head to toe the much coveted Missoni line from Target.













Thomas, Jackson and I greet our guests at the door. I printed "Welcome Students" and "Please Come In!" on glossy lined school sentence paper from Staples. Just like the invitations, I wanted guests to know as soon as they arrive they are in for a special treat!



I created a pathway with ABC Cards also from Staples. Follow the ABC's to the best Back to School Party ever!



Framed Print of the School Bus created a great centerpiece on our candy table.



Jackson holds the Hershey bar from the candy table with great patience. It was opened seconds after the photo!




I used Chinese to go containers for the candy bar. I printed the kids names on a small square solid sticker so there wasn't any confusion on who's was who's. HPD will now be offering the containers and stickers as a set so you can purchase both from one place.



Ta Da! The colors and them came together beautifully on this candy table. We featured Twizzlers and Sweedish Fish, Starbursts, M&Ms, Skittles, Lollipops and Hershey's Bars and Kisses.



Lollipops are a must for my candy tables. I have a reputation to live up to! These are from Hammond's Candies.







I had 3 jars of Hershey's Kisses (almost 7.5 lbs yikes). I used a 3 inch round punch to create orange background from scrapbook paper and then added HPD Large Round Stickers and ribbon to make the labels.



Close up of the Kisses with the stickers. I used the pencils, pen & pencil and school bus kiss stickers. (yes, this took forever to do!)



It took two of the gigantic M&M bags to create this jar with only red, yellow and orange. Note to self to create a party theme with all the colors next time!



Skittles. Ditto on the sorting- there was a lot of discarded purple and green!



These were the first to go.



Twizzlers are always a big hit.



Sweedish Fish - My fav.





I had so much fun planning this amazing party. My goal was for the kids and parents to have an opportunity to meet and get to know eachother at the beginning of the year and I think we succeeded!





The kids played Legos, worked on a fun "about me " project and watched a movie.





I spent well over a month planning this party and it was worth it. I will detail out for you next week how to make the candy and supply tables. I know it looks like I spent a fortune, but between you and me, I really didnt!





Vendor Supply List





Photography






Invitations 24 for $40.00


Sq Solid Personalized Stickers and Chinese To Go Containers 27 for $38.00


Kiss Stickers 1 sheet/ 108 stickers 12.00 (each add'l sheet $6.00)


Round Stickers (for candy table) 24 for $18.00


Large Framed Prints $60.00


Large Sq Stickers on Supply Table 18 for $18.00


Small Sq Stickers on Supply Table 27 for $18.00


Hershey Bars and Wrappers 25 for $75.00 (personalized wrappers 25 for $31.25)


Bookmarks with Tassels $2.50 each (can be personalized at no add'l charge)


Lollipop Stickers Medium Round 30 for $12.00





School Supplies


Candy Jars


Candy for Candy Table




Lollipops




Baskets


Glass Containers on Supply Table


Brown Paper on Books




Table Cloths


Fabric Back Drops


Ribbon




Learning Line Sentences


ABC Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment