Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kristin's Folly

As if I dont already have enough on my plate, I have gotten it into my head I want to own an ice cream truck. It started as an idea for my kids when they get older for a summer job in high school. It seem like a great opportunity for them to get an idea of running a business. I think learning how to be an entrepreneur is a great life lesson. Its such a great opportunity for them to really learn about running  business - buying inventory, making a schedule, pricing, determining profit margins etc etc. So now I am so excited, I dont want to wait till Thomas is in his teens. We are doing some research. Looks like we can get a used truck for about $9,000. Dont be surprised if one day soon we are cruisin your neighborhood!

My sons, Thomas and Jackson and my nephew John Robert with the ice cream truck in the Hamptons over Memorial Day weekend. My brother in law sends him a text when we are in town - the kids think its a coincidence!. So high tech!!

No comments:

Post a Comment