Friday, June 29, 2012

Missing Nora

 Like many of you, I have enjoyed countless of Nora Ephron's movies so I was sad to hear about her passing earlier in the week. My favorite movie was "You've Got Mail". I have quoted that movie over and over and watch it hundreds of times. ( "F-O-X!" " I sell cheap books, so sue me" "152 insights into my soul!")

Coming in a close 2nd is Sleepless in Seatle. We did this adorable Sleepless in Seatle Baby Shower invitation a few years back. My husband wrote the text and its a great one to keep on file!

What' was your favorite Nora Ephron Movie?


Sleepless in Seatle Baby Shower Invitaiton M.F.E.O: Made For Each Other
I cant look at this image in our portfolio without thinking of the following from You've Got Mail

Kathleen Kelly: I love daisies.
Joe Fox: You told me.
Kathleen Kelly: They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?

Kathleen Kelly: Don't you just love New York in the fall?

Joe Fox: Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms.
Who could forget these last lines? Jeeze I am tearing up!!!
 
Joe Fox: Don't cry, Shopgirl. Don't cry.
Kathleen Kelly: I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment