Thursday, January 17, 2013

What Makes Your Heart Melt?

It's been fun working on all the Valentine's Day orders this week. I love assembling them and literally wait with anticipation for clients to receive them. I have just completed a few orders with the love letter and it's one of my favorite images - top ten for sure.  So elegant and simple.

As I have been working on all the orders, I think about what makes one's heart melt. Yes, I admit, a blue box will do the trick but for the most part, it's usually something more pure and simple. An unexpected "I love you" or a genuine compliment.  A tight hug on your leg from one of your children. When Thomas was about two and a half, he looked at my husband and I and said "You know, I really like you guys". It was so honest and heartfelt.  I love that the first time Thomas saw my wedding photo he said "Mama, you are prettier than all the other princesses combined"!  I love when I hear my wedding song on the radio, Stephen Bishop, "It Might Be You" or after being married for a few months, the song my husband would have chosen, "She Drives Me Crazy" by The Fine Young Cannibals.  A home cooked meal, just because. Finding out my husband had an account at my favorite florist, Mayflowers.

Sometimes its the triumph of a great movie line in conversation. I think my husband knew he made a good choice when he quoted  "Well put it in the college fund" when my son had some change in his hand and I casually responded with the movie title, Caddy Shack. He was amazed I knew that line given its in the very beginning of the movie. 

Sometimes its a witty response to a question "What's it like to be married to someone so brilliant?" my husband inquired one late night while we were driving on the New Jersey Turnpike on our way to NY (we were betting on the name of the last rest stop before we exit the pike - forgive us, it was probably well after midnight and we were trying to pass the time on the long trip to Eastern Long Island). "I don't know, you tell me." I responded.

I don't want to get too sappy so early in the morning so a quick acknowledgement for "my girls" reading this blog (AOH, MET, CAM & NCH & GEL) at the top of the list should be "You look so skinny"!
 
So, what makes your heart melt? 





No comments:

Post a Comment