Friday, February 17, 2012

Turning a House into a Home: Discontinued......

Discontinued... is there a more awful word in the English language? Doesn't it make you think of your favorite lipstick or nail polish color that they no longer make? (for me, Desert Rose nail polish by Chanel, the perfect pink) Perhaps a favorite china pattern or Sterling Silver pattern (Hamilton at Tiffany) You can see this word has impacted me deeply over the years! I was disheartened to hear that the beautiful china cabinet I coveted for months but didn't have funding for was discontinued. Really? How awful! I try to find things I like, wait till I have money to purchase and then proceed. I missed out on that one.

This week I was finally financially ready to move forward with purchasing the fabric and wallpaper for Thomas room (after months of searching) (see blog here) I found out BOTH were discontinued. UGGHHH! Luckily, in the stripe fabric they had 5 more yards - exactly what I needed for the shower curtain is available. Only problem is the price per yard was a tiny bit expensive......Needless to say, it will be the most expensive shower curtain in an 8 year old's bathroom, east of the Mississippi. But....its so perfect! Stay tuned for pics - before, during and after.

I LOVE this cabinet - esp the way the majority of it is open and glass so that many beautiful pieces can be displayed.
Loved this fabric - Ralph Lauren Tanger Gingham Orange fabric - the orange I wanted at a reasonable price.
Ralph Lauren Strand Stripe Tiger Lily Ohh loved this option too but it was so expensive per yard and yesterday I found out it was my only option. I explained the situation to my son Thomas and asked what I should do. He replied "Buy it!" Well, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment