Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Because I Cant Wait!

Kathi on one of her many visits this year with Jackson. So exciting when she arrives with bags full of fabric!

Kitchen "Before"


Kitchen "Before"

Kitchen "After"


Kitchen "After"

As many of you know, I recently moved and have been wanting to include you in all the "before", "during" and "after" photos because its just so fun to see the transformation.

After months of planning and review of what feels like hundreds if not thousands of rugs, fabrics, paint colors and wallpaper, several trips to the DC Design Center, Coe & Son Carpet and well as the Pine Mine in Kensington and many meetings with interior designer Kathi Haley in my home, we have made some decisions!

The first thing I wanted to share is the EXTREME MAKEOVER in the kitchen. I am 100% convinced the jarring red caused me to eat more. I will keep you posted!

Color inspiration came from the beautiful carpet we chose for the den from Coe & Son Carpet.

The paint color Kathi suggested is Benjamin Moore Amulet and you can get the sample sheet for $4.99.

I love the way this color changes from dawn to dusk and from the kitchen where is appears more yellow to the den where is picks up the red from the carpet and appears more straw!

Next for the kitchen is a large round 60" pedestal table from EddyWest. We splurged on the table but saved on the chairs and are having them made at The Pine Mine in Kensington. The napolion side chair is only $230.00 (you know this is a steal for a chair!)

Stay Tuned - more before, during and after is on the way. We have a lot to do in Phase 1. Wait till you see Jackson room (currently bright pink!) transform into what must be considered the most perfect sage green on the planet.

I hope you enjoy the transformation!

1 comment: