Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book Purgatory

What is that tme between ending one book and starting a new one?

Not sure where this book is headed but I am about to find out!
Jodi Picoult's new book -as usually very controversial issues. Love the incorporation of music avail on my ipad with the purchase


A great read. Cant wait to get my hands on the his new book



No boundaries in Wally Lambs books. I still think about random passages in this novel.

Is there such a think as book purgatory? The definition would be when you finish one book and are still wrapped up the characters and you havent started a new one but just dont quite feel ready to let go of the book you were reading yet? Can I coin a new term? That's how I feel after a good book, or any Jodi Picoult for that matter. Still attached even after I have finished the last line.

I felt that way after Elin Hilderbrand's The Castaways. Months later and I am still thinking about those characters! While Jodi Picoult's most recent, Sing You Home wasn't my favorite as the ending was quite predictable which is very "un-picolt like", because of the superior character development I am still thinking about Zoe, Vanessa and Max and Lucy.

I picked up the ever so popular The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as I am dying to know what all the hype is about. I am on about page 10 and must ask, "Did I pick up the English version?" I am struggling.

Fortunately I have been saved by my good friend Megan who on Saturday said I cant leave her house without Jonathan Tropper's This is Where I Leave You. I am on page 31 and have tuned out all Hampton Paper photo shoot prep work to turn this pages of this book. It seems like a cross between Wally Lamb This Much I know is True and Jonathan Franzen The Corrections - totally out there, no boundaries but so intriguing to feel like you are witnessing first hand some one's crazy life 180 degree opposite of yours!

What's on your "to read next" bookshelf?

PS - Cool thing about the new Jodi Picoult is her incorporation of music into the book. For the hardcover version you get a CD. I purchased it on my ipad and there was music I could play associated with each chapter. Very cutting edge and I love the idea.

1 comment: