Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pool Side Cafe

Our 2 navy umbrellas arrived last week. I scrambled to take a few photos before the rain. Didn't I say once the pool was complete it would rain everyday? So my luck. Its been the rainiest Sept in like 10 years in DC! Anyway, with the purchase of the furniture complete, I thought I would share with you the photos.


I am not sure why finding great outdoor furniture is such a challenge (or why its all so expensive!) I purchased everything from Home Escapes in Reston, VA. I cant say enough great things about the store and their extensive portfolio of outdoor furniture. I choose the Volterra line from Wintson and couldn't be more pleased with the style and quality.
Dining table and 6 side chairs. I was able to choose the color of the metal as well as the cushions. I love the dark gunmetal gray - it looks great with the gray and white of the deck and I think the blue cushions tie everything together with the pool.


Overlooking the pool.

Love this umbrella. Great coverage and so easy to put up or take down. We are still waiting for the grass to grow back in and to get the landscaping done.



I made raspberry lemonade for the kids and rimmed the glasses with sugar. A nice summer treat. This tray is from The Nest Egg. (Thanks to my next door neighbor for letting me borrow the sugar)



These pillows are from Pottery Barn. I am going to have some custom ones made next year. I found some great options on Etsy.




These lounge chairs, also by Winston, are so comfortable and a great weight. Heavy enough to not blow in the wind but light enough to easily move around the pool. (I follow the sun!)



My friend Kim bought me this Hermes towel. I love it!




I purchased this basket for the towels from Pottery Barn. Its a easy way to carry them down to the pool and keep them poolside for the day for the family and our guests. The towels are from Lands End.


Now that the pool is ready, I need to finish our pool side cafe menus. There were so many color and texutre options to choose from for the menu cover. I narrowed it down to 2 and then opted for the dark navy blue as it will complement so many images. I just received them in the mail today! I am going to use the anchor image for our menus. I will have this new product on Etsy and our web site soon!























No comments:

Post a Comment